This week, the City of Toronto in Canada is hosting the Microsoft World Partner Conference 2016. This is where, every year, Microsoft introduces its latest technologies and projects. This year, expect some major shake-ups in the world of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, and Windows!
Dynamics 365, CRM 365 and AppSource
Microsoft announced a major cloud migration for Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Microsoft Dynamics CRM. From this autumn onwards you can simply head to the Microsoft Cloud and set to work in a modular manner. Concretely, this means you only pay what you intend to use, and you can activate extra modules in a snap! Microsoft also launched Microsoft AppSource, which simplifies the installation and integration of external features in your Dynamics/CRM platform – it’s as easy as browsing and installing apps in the Windows Store!
In a nutshell, the user-friendliness of apps, but at corporate level.
Microsoft published a detailed blog post about these innovations, which we’d love to share with you:
Today, we are taking the first step to bring our customers new, modern, enterprise-ready intelligent business apps with the introduction of Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft AppSource.
The apps and services we use to drive business process are often difficult to use, try and deploy. Some even make you pay extra for capabilities like visualization, workflow automation and predictive insights.
We imagine a better world for business users everywhere. One where you can track leads, automate field service, drive sales and improve operations using modern, mobile, enterprise-ready intelligent business apps from the cloud that are as easy to use as the consumer apps that help us all get rides, book rooms, listen to music and take actions to improve our health.
Helping customers transform with a new approach to business process
Available this fall, Microsoft Dynamics 365 evolves our current CRM and ERP cloud solutions into one cloud service with new purpose-built apps to help manage specific business functions, including: Financials, Field Service, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Project Service Automation and Customer Service.
Dynamics 365 apps are designed so they can be easily and independently deployed. That means you can start small and pay only for what you need. Yet they work together seamlessly so, as your business demands, you can grow into additional capabilities with ease. They include built-in insights, predictive intelligence and workflow optimization, all of which will be delivered through simple, easy-to-use, mobile experiences with offline capabilities.
Power BI and Cortana Intelligence will be natively embedded to help customers achieve their business goals with predictive insights, prescriptive advice and actionable next steps.
- For example, Cortana Intelligence will enable cross-sell recommendations to help sales reps predict which products and services a customer will need. Access to IoT data inside Dynamics 365 for Field Service will enable preemptive action from field service agents by connecting asset monitoring and anomaly detection so they can take action before failures occur, avoiding costly customer service issues.
Deep integration between Dynamics 365 and Office 365 will connect the structured workflow of business apps with the unstructured work of collaboration and productivity.
- For example, a sales person receives an email, and can respond directly in Office with a quote that is created based on information from both Finance and Sales apps, stored back to the right app, with right pricing, discounting, etc. All without the user having to leave Outlook.
Adapt and innovate in real-time with a common data model and extensible business application platform. Dynamics 365 apps will:
Use a common data model, shared with Office 365, to simplify data management and integration across apps and business processes.
- Offer tech-savvy business customers/analysts, aka “citizen developers,” (using PowerApps, Power BI and Microsoft Flow) and professional developers (using Azure platforms services) a consistent business platform they can use to compose new apps and easily extend and modify existing ones.
- Come with connectors that let you integrate with applications and services from Microsoft and our partners – including custom APIs and on-premises systems.
A place to find new apps and better ways to get things done
We are also introducing Microsoft AppSource – Microsoft’s new destination for business users to find and try out line-of-business SaaS apps from Microsoft and our partners. At launch AppSource contains more than 200 business SaaS apps, add-ins and content packs, including exclusive new industry-specific business apps from:
- AFS™ “Retail Execution” – An end-to-end solution for CPG organizations to use as they engage with their customers in the field, covering visit and merchandising, sales, asset management and audit as well as a full suite of BI and analytics.
- AvePoint “Citizen Services” – Government organizations can automate incident reporting, response and resolution, so employees can solve issues faster and serve citizens better.
- Veripark “Next Best Action” – Financial institutions can maximize the lifetime value of each customer and deliver a first-class customer-centric experience by making the right offer, at the right time, via the right channel.
Helping business users accelerate their digital transformation
With Dynamics 365 and AppSource customers can encourage innovation, increase collaboration and ultimately achieve more with the power of intelligent business apps.